Designed By: Jenny Dammann
I LOVED using this template. Typically, I like to create my pages from scratch... but it was fantastic to have a place to start from for a change! :)
- StoryBook Creator Plus Digital Software
- Free digital template (click HERE to download)
- Free Digital Freebie - Rusty Metal Hinge (click HERE to download)
- Earthy Serenity Digital Kit
- Recipe Digital Kit
- Digital Overlays - Winter Frost
- Digital Embellishments - Hardware - Silver
- Fonts used: 1942 Report (dafont.com) (free scrapbook fonts HERE)
How to create:
- Create a new 12x12 blank project in StoryBook Creator Plus.
- Download Free Page Layout Template (click here to download).
- Make Medallion PD paper (from Earthy Serenity Kit) background of project.
- Add WinterFrost4 overlay to project. Move this layer to the back of project (Click on "Layout", then click "Move to back"). Change this overlay to Sepia, then adjust opacity to 50.
- Add rusty hinge freebie to page, then change to Sepia. Color change this to dark olive green by clicking on "Enhance", then click "Hue" and adjust. Add heavy shadow to hinge with Depth 1 and Softness 2.
- Click on outer circle along top half of page. Hold down shift key, then click on outer circle along bottom half of page. Fill with Paper18 from Recipe Digital Kit (NOTE: to "fill" with paper, locate this paper along the "papers" tab on right side of screen, then click dropdown arrow to the right of that paper swatch and select "Fill selected shape".
- Click on top scalloped strip. Hold down shift key, then click on bottom scalloped strip. Fill these pieces also with Paper18 from Recipe Digital Kit.
- Click on grey area behing photos, then fill with Paper6 from Recipe Digital Kit. Right click on this piece, then copy and paste it. Right click on this piece, then click "Properties". Set "Height" to 5.03 and click Ok. Move this layer behind Paper6 layer, then position so equal amounts of this strip show above and below Paper6.
- Click again on that same layer, then hold down shift key and click on both outer circles again. You will need to color adjust these pieces to be dark olive green.
- Select photos, then drag them into the photo spots. Click on each photo while holding the shift key, then "Photos" tab, then click "Mat". Change existing mat color to deep brown, leave at width 1.
- Click on each journaling strip while holding the shift key. Fill with Paper21. Add journaling to boxes, then change font to deep brown, 1942 Report and Size 12.
- Add Brad embellishment from Digital Embellishments - Hardware - Silver. Color change to sepia. Add heavy shadow to brad with depth 1 and softness 2. Copy and paste brad, then place brads at the ends of journaling strips as shown.
- Add Swirl5 and Swirl2 embellishments from Earthy Serenity Kit. Color change both swirls to dark olive green. Place in upper left corner of photograph strip.
- Add text box to lower left corner of layout. Font used was 1942 Report in size 12 and bolded, coled to match cream color in journaling strips.
- NOTE: you will need to delete some pieces from template - lower journaling strips and circle photo spot in lower right corner of layout.