- StoryBook Creator Plus 3 Software
- Trick or Treat Additions Digital Kit
- Digital Embellishments - Baby Boy or Girl Sewing Room Kit - fuzzy ribbon in pink or blue. (for fuzzy monster hair).
- Earthy Serenity Digital Kit
- Cozy Winter (for criss cross ribbon along the bottom, as well as scalloped edging cut from a frame from this kit).
- Pink Stitched Square Digital Freebie (click here to download)
- Fonts: angelic warfare, VTKS Dear Love
How to create:
- Create a New project and choose "Custom Size" . This card was created as an 8x6 (8 inches wide 6 inches in height - intended to be folded in half).
- The insert was created as a 4x6 (4 inches wide and 6 inches in height). So when printing this card just fold in half and insert the second portion, trim the rounded edges and add the appropriate info!
- Drop ANY Paper you like on the page (I simply choose "add to Page" rather than making it the background or attempting to change properties). Just add it and then you can move it around to capture any part of the paper within the parameters of your 8x6 size.
- Change the background paper to black and white by simply clicking on Black and White located under the "Color Ribbon". Then drop the the curve of the color down towards the bottom right until it is dark enough for you!
- I used some fun techniques on this card. Such as the torn edges around the circle! - First cut 2 circles from the mat paper included under the embellishments in the Trick or Treat addition. I used Orange and Purple (I also stretched the Purple circle a bit by holding the shift key and grabbing on of the white squares - just pull to the side and watch it stretch!).
- To cut torn edges into the circles locate the paper rip tool under the cut and fill ribbon (choose straight cut and then under the drop down arrow you will see Paper Rip). Choose Rough Rip and rotate the cutter until the shaded area is covering mostly all of the circle. This way you are cutting just a small portion at the top of the circle. Choose cut rather than erase and you will now have a small tear into your circle. Your tear is now separate so you can select it and give it a heavy shadow etc... play with shadows to give it a more realistic torn effect. (I will flatten the piece and then apply a shadow from within the heavier shadow set under the drop down menu- I like the one in the center).
- I then cut a rectangle from Paper 2 (green) and a thin rectangle from Paper 4. For the larger purple rectangle I cut it from Paper 4 in the Earthy Serenity kit (changed the color to purple by using Color Wash located under the Color Ribbon). I then added a glow to the purple paper under the Format Ribbon under filters choose Glow and adjust to your preference. To add rounded corners go under the cut and fill ribbon and select "more" there you will find the corner cutter. You can remove check marks from the corners in order to just apply a rounded corner to one edge!
- Rubber stamp the haunted castle onto the page and apply the 3D filter to it and hide it behind the cirlces. Apply the same filter to the little bats and spider.
- For the stitching use the pick stitched square freebie and cut away portions you need by using your cutters under the cut and fill ribbon. (I use shapes rather than the straight cutter to make it easier and faster).
- The scalloped edge was created by cutting a chunk of frame 3 from the Cottage Garden Digital kit. I then added little circles in green and applied the 3D Filter to them to make them pop! (Copy and Paste select the rotate tool under the "Arrange Ribbon" to paste on the back side of the card).
- The fonts used were angelic warfare and VTKS Dear Love. For "Say" I flattened it after typing it and applied deep shadows. Then Boo was flattened as well, I then copied and pasted another - made it white put it behind the black one - then and applied the "Frosted Glass" Filter to both.
- The green leaves were cut away from the Owl Tree embellishment. I then applied the 3D filter to them as well.
The fuzzy ribbon from the baby girl or boy sewing room kit was changed to black and cut a little to make fit!
Oh and by the way - the insert is Paper #3 (from trick or treat) cut to fit. The little dotted swirls were cut away from titles in the Cozy Winter Digital kit and added to the words for effect!
Have Fun and Happy Trick or Treating!