Remember Shrinky dinks? Now there are printable shrinky dinks available. I decided to make some charm bracelets using some fab girly kits from Creative Memories. If you don't have jewelrly making supplies this project may not be ideal for you but there are so many other gift ideas you can create using the shrinky dinks and Creative Memories digital products, such as magnets, pins, zipper pulls, frames, ornaments etc.
- StoryBook Creator Plus 3.0 Digital Software
- Delight Fashion Diva Digital addition
- Delight Shopper Diva Digital addition
- Diva Bling Digital Embelishments
- Natural Beauty Digital kit
- Any Printable Shrinky Dink product
- Jewelry supplies, beads etc.
How to create:
1. Create a new 8.5" x 11" landscape project.
2. Simply insert any desired embelishments from the kits listed above. The shrink ratio is 1/3 the size of the printed image. So make sure to resize your embellishments to be about 2" to 2.5".
3. Follow the complete instructions on your Shrinky Dink product for printing and baking. Make sure you punch holes in your embellishments so you can hook them onto your bracelet.
4. Once you have baked and cooled your charms coat them with clear nail polish to give them a glossy/finished look.
Again, this project is not for everyone, especially if you don't have the supplies to make jewelry. I did want to show you the many possibilities that your digital kits have when it comes to making Christmas gifts. Please let me know if you have any questions about this project. Have fun!