How to Create:
- Keep the background white.
- Place a circle on the page (Insert – shape – circle – make sure it is an exact circle by clicking on “make circle”. It doesn’t matter what color the circle is right now because it will be changing as we go. Once the circle is on the page click on it and choose Gradient fill (Cut and Fill – Gradient – 2 color) Make sure the two colors you choose are one dark and one really light. I chose a dark blue and kept in the same family and chose a really light blue just up the row from the dark blue. Then I choose the very bottom row and the second one from the left circular gradient fill option.
- Place distressed overlay 8 on the page. Change it to white and cut around the circle that you have created so that the overlay is the exact size of the circle and erase the rest. (click on the overlay – Cut and Fill – Ellipse – you may need to invert so that the circle you want to cut out is showing and the rest of the overlay is shaded – choose erase the shaded area. This should leave you with a perfect overlay on the circle you created.
- Once this is on the page I created another circle (Insert – shape – circle). I made sure it was white and was an oval instead of a perfect circle. This will act as your reflection on your glass orb and will make it look even more like an orb. Once it is made make sure it fits in the top of the circle you created earlier and make it look as the ovals as shown. It will be a little bit too white so you will need to change the opacity (Format – opacity – drag it to the left). Soften the edges of it to make it blend a little better (Format – Filters – Soften Edge). Take the opacity down again so that the overlay doesn’t stand out quite so much. Now while still clicked on the circle overlay choose the Sphereize filter (Format – Filter – Sphereize – and slide it all the way to the right).
- Flatten the circle, the overlay and the oval together. Now you can shadow it and flatten it and shadow it again. This should leave you a bowling ball looking embellishment. Do the same thing again in another color. Then Copy and Paste them over and over and place them in different sizes as shown.
- Add your portrait photos to the page. Flatten them and use the wand tool and the custom cutter (Cut & Fill – Wand or custom cutter) to cut around the photos and take the background out. Place the photos as shown. Shadow them.
- Create 7 separate text boxes and using the VTKS Animal 2 font write the letters for “BOWLING” in white. Flatten them and shadow them repeatedly to make them stand out . Place them as shown.
- Add a text box to the bottom of the page and use the Adler font to write your journaling in black font. Put a white glow on it to make it stand out over the “bowling balls” you created. (Format – glow).