Designed by: Leslie Beahm
How to Create:
1) Start a 12x12 page.
2) Insert an Empty frame and resize to 6"Wx10" tall (right click-->Properties). Go to Format Photos-->Select Mat. Select the isosceles triangle cutout shape and change the Mat fill to transparent. You will now have a triangle-shaped photo holder.
3) Move the shape so that the tip of the triangle is slightly off center. Copy the shape a number of times and then rotate the shapes around so that the points all meet in the center. If it's not exact--not to worry. We'll be covering the center with photos.
4) Add papers to the rectangles by dragging and dropping paper into the shapes. Here, I used all the papers and the mats as well. For the light blue mat, I added a herringbone pattern by going to Format-->Surfaces and selecting 'Weave 3'. On the green paper and orange papers, I added a hound's-tooth pattern using 'Weave 2' and playing with the scale until I had a pattern I liked. Add shadows.
5) Insert two more empty frames. Put them at the center of your triangle shapes. Go to Format Photos-->Select Mat and then make a mat fill using the eye dropper to select a green from the papers on the page. Use a width of 4.3 and 0 relief. Then add an effect and select a blue from the blue paper on the page. Use a width of 0.7 and 0 releif. Add shadows.
6) Add 'ABoyAndHisToys' embellishment. Add a light shadow. Flatten. Then add a heavy shadow for extra depth.
7) Add 'StarGroup' and put it on the lower corner of your photo grouping. Put 'Star-Bluegreen' in the upper right hand corner.
8) Add 'Burst_BlueWhite' to the top where the photos come together and to the lower right hand corner of your photo cluster.
9) Make a glass orb using this tutorial from Creative Memories Go Digital. Put that at the top intersection of the two photos.
10) Add text. Here, I set the adjacent triangles (in this case, the diamond patterned paper and the blue paper at the top) to text wrap to the adjacent shape. (Right click-->text wrapping-->Element shape) so that the text would stay inside of one of the triangles. You need to make sure that the text layer is behind those adjacent triangles. I used the 'Pea Jodi Lynn' font.