Designed by: Jennifer Gibson
How to Create:
- For the background select any paper and change its color to white using the cut and fill ribbon. Unlock the paper. Using the format ribbon – effects apply a linen surface to the white. To achieve the linen look as I did you must increase the contrast of the surface.
- To the bottom of the page add Summer Photomat2. Increase its size so that it is as wide as the page and fit it along the bottom of the page. Using the cutters tools blend the mat paper towards the centre. Again using the cutter tools, cut off the bottom left of the paper using the blending edge.
- Along the left hand side of the page I have inserted paintedbubblewrap from Digital Embellishments – Elements. On the bottom left of the page insert the paintedbubblewrap in color white and another above that. Insert another painted bubble wrap in color orange (sampled color from paper mat). Arrange another orange paintedbubblewrap along the left side and under a portion of the white paintedbubblewrap so that it appears gradual.
- Insert homemade frames:
- To make the frame first add an already made frame from one of the kits with straight lines. If you don’t want to use an already made frame simply add a paper and make it the shape of a rectangle and cut out a rectangle for the centre. Change the color of the frame to white. Highlight the frame you are using. Using the Format ribbon on the top of storybook, select the surface button under effects. Add a wrinkles2 with very low contrast. To manipulate the frame to look as though the corners are folded up or curved you must add your own shadows. Do not shadow the whole frame using the shadow tool. You must add a long triangle (like a wedge) to the page. Make it a dark grey or even black. Use the format ribbon and select soften edge. Soften the edge dramatically so it to look more like a shadow rather than keeping it actual shape. Fit this triangle along the top left corner along the side and bottom left corner and just shy of the bottom right corner. This is something that you may have to play with to get the right effect as it is hard to explain via words the shapes and specific spots to place your shadows. Once you have made one frame copy and paste two more for the page.
- Add LivinInTheMoment from the Digital Summer Additions Package. Using the cutters tool, custom cut out a straight path to cut out Livin’ out of the word art. When you cut out the one word make sure you select ‘keep both sections’. Once the word is cut from the rest of the phrase saturate the blue to a color that suits better the page. In many cases you may not want to change the color at all. Increase the size of the Livin’ word. Add a linen surface texture to the word Livin’. Select the rest of the phrase and add a soft glow to the words.
- Insert a text using the SHAPE ribbon. Add journal words in different colors by sampling from the page. Use Andalus for your font.
- Add Flower_Orange from the Summer Additions package. Add a linen surface texture to the flower. Add Flower_DKOrange to place also on the page with a linen surface applied.
- Also using the ‘insert’ ribbon under other rubber stamp the Flower_Orange in a dark orange color (again sampled from the page). Add this rubber stamped flower a few times along the bottom of the pictures and along the left hand side of the page. Depending on the color you select for the rubberstamped flowers you may want to increase opacity so that it blends better with the page.