Designed by: Jennifer Gibson
How to Create:
- For background paper add a paper of your choice ready to change and make new colors. Using the Gradient – Fill ribbon (under the cut and fill tab) ribbon select the two color option and select then the top bottom pattern. The colors used would be ones that coordinate with your pictures chosen for the page, in this page I chose orange and blue to match the autumn leaves and the blue jeans. Using the surface button under format add a cord texture to the gradient filled background.
- Add another paper and using the cut and fill button fill the paper with a taupe color and add surface linen texture to the paper. Place this paper in the centre shifted to the left of the page. Over this paper place a picture to be featured on the page.
- Along the side of the page add pictures. I framed each picture with homemade frames of different sizes using the cutting and shadow tools. To make the frame first add an already made frame from one of the kits with straight lines. If you don’t want to use an already made frame simply add a paper and make it the shape of a rectangle and cut out a rectangle for the centre. Change the color of the frame to white. Highlight the frame you are using. Using the Format ribbon on the top of storybook, select the surface button under effects. Add a wrinkles2 with very low contrast. To manipulate the frame to look as though the corners are folded up or curved you must add your own shadows. Do not shadow the whole frame using the shadow tool. You must add a long triangle (like a wedge) to the page. Make it a dark grey or even black. Use the format ribbon and select soften edge. Soften the edge dramatically so it to look more like a shadow rather than keeping it actual shape. Fit this triangle along the top left corner along the side and bottom left corner and just shy of the bottom right corner. This is something that you may have to play with to get the right effect as it is hard to explain via words the shapes and specific spots to place your shadows. Once you have made one frame copy and paste as many as necessary for your page. I also used the Frame_Tall from Down to earth Digital kit for one of the pictures.
- From Autumn Digital Additions insert word art “Autumn day” . Rubber stamp the word art in a white color. Using the cut and fill button cut the words away from the border. Now that the words are only left from this word art now use the custom cutter tool (curved lines) and cut Autumn away from the ‘days are here again’. Remember to cut apart and KEEP BOTH SECTIONS. Now that the words are apart arrange the words to fit well on your page. Also you can now adjust the sizes to suit your style.
- Insert Leaf5 from Autumn Digital Additions. Rubberstamp it in white and add to bottom right of page.
- For top right of page add: Tag_Brown (in a very large size), Tag_CutOut, and Flower_Felt from Down to Earth Digital Kit.
- For bottom right of the page add Tag_Brown, with Ribbon and Flower_Blue from Down to Earth Digital Kit. Insert your journaling overtop of the brown tag.