How to Create:
- For the background select Be Merry Paper13. Using the Cut and Fill Ribbon, blend cut the paper and cut out the bottom right of the paper. Using the Format Ribbon, increase the opacity
of the page to make the background very faint.
- Insert the photos for your page and apply a simple white mat to them.
- From the Bright and Fun Digital Kit select Paper: Bright & Fun P6, Bright & Fun P7, Bright & Fun P8, and Bright & Fun P9. Using the shape cutters cut each page into a long rectangle.
Align all your rectangles together to create one long paper. Flatten them.
- Add Be Merry Photomat 12 from the Be Merry Digital Kit. Using the wand cutter, wand out the green in this photomat. Increase the size of the photmat. Slight polka dot photomat over your color strip paper you made to expose the colors through your polka dots. Flatten together the polka dot mat and your colorful strip paper. To cut your paper into the shape shown, use the Cut and Fill Ribbon – Shape Cutter – Rounded Corner Square. Apply a shadow.
- Copy and paste your new paper/embellishment so you have two of them on your page. Slide them behind your photos.
- Highlight Bright & Fun P6 paper from the Bright and Fun Digital Kit, and cut a new shape. Select a star shape and add to page. Place it to paper as shown.
- Using the Insert Ribbon add a ‘Shapes’ text. Type in the word ‘Day’ in font Franklin Gothic Heavy and fill with paper: Bright & Fun P9. Type in also the word ‘Proud’ using this same font and fill with Bright & Fun P9. Add to page as shown. Type in the word ‘veterans’ using font LaineyDay and fill with solid color orange. Type in also the word ‘heritage’ in solid color orange and add to page as shown.
- Cut out a small long rectangle strip in white color and add to page. Apply a small shadow to the trip. Copy and paste this as many times as needed to complete your journaling. Add text to each strip in a Century Gothic font.