« Back to Digital - Celebrations
Happy Birthday to you and to you x 2 - Cheerful Birthday Digital Addition for MAC Scrapbooking Layou
Designed By: Jen Lessinger
How to Create:
- Open a new blank 12x12” document.
- Insert the cupcake paper as the background.
- Insert a white rectangle and line it so it covers all but the bottom 5 and top 4 rows of cupcakes. You will have to uncheck the “proportional” box.
- Insert another rectangle. Select blue as the fill color. Uncheck the “proportional” box and make it reach from the top to the bottom of the page.
- Insert 3 photos, approximately 3x2.5”. Add a white border (size 20). Align the photos and center them on the blue rectangle.
- Insert 3 colored splat embellishments. Place as shown around the photos.
- Insert the blocks with the words on them : red “happy”, green “birthday”, blue “to you!”, and blue “to you!”. Insert another rectangle that is the same size and fill it with orange. Insert a text box. Choose Century Gothic as the font and white as the color. Type the word “and”.
- Align the blocked words as shown.
- Insert a text box. Choose orange as the color and Rosewood Standard as the font. Type “x2” and enlarge it to fill the space below the color blocks.
- Insert a strip of colored swirls. Reduce its size. Copy and paste a second strip. Arrange as shown.
- Insert a text box. Type the journaling using Century Gothic as the font and 9 or 10 pt. type. You will need one text box for the top line and one text box for the bottom line.
- Add one more colored swirl strip. Rotate it 90 degrees and place it to the left of the blue rectangle. Resize it to fit the space. Copy and paste a second strip on the right side of the layout.
- Copy and paste a 3rd strip and rotate it back to 0 degrees. Use the cutter tool to cut off a portion so it fits in the space above the title as shown.
- Add light drop shadows to everything but the text and colored swirl strips.