« Back to Digital - Divine Power Palette
Piece of Cake Divine Wedding Day Digital Scrapbooking Layout
Designed By: Leslie Beahm
How to Create:
- Insert Wedding Day P3 for the background
- Insert an empty Frame. Resize to 11.5"x11.5" and position to 0.25" and 0.25". Fill that with Grey Flourish Mat from the embellishments. Go to Format Photos-->Mat and make a 3pt black frame around the mat.
- Making the frames: Insert a rectangle and size to 4.5"x4.5". Fill with red color. Insert a rectangle and size to 4"x4". Fill with white color. Align the centers of the two squares. Use the wand to select the red portion of the frame and delete the white. Now fill that frame with a 2-tone gradient using a light gray color for one and a dark gray color for the other. Choose a diagonal gradient pattern. Move the intensity slider all the way to the right and apply to the frame. Now, go to Format-->Filters and apply a 3D edge. My frame is set to Amount: 79, Softness: 78, Width 32.
- Insert an empty frame and size to 4"x4". Move it to the layer behind your frame. Align the centers of the frame and the photo holder. Group them together. Copy them so that you have three frame/photo combos and arrange on the page in a way that pleases you. Then ungroup them. Fill the photo holders with your photos. Apply heavy shadows to the frames.
- Go to Insert-->Paper-->Use Cutting board. Get paper P1 and use your shapes to cut out a 4.6" circle. Copy that circle to make three of them and position behind your frames. Add light shadows
- Insert a flower and apply soft shadows. Copy and paste and resize, making clusters of flowers at the edges of your frames.
- Making the leaves: Go to Insert-->Shape-->From Content Library. Navigate to your Nature shapes and select the elm leaf. Insert your leaf, maintaining the original aspect ratio. Now apply a gradient using the same colors to the leaf, but this time selecting a pattern that is vertical and darkest in the center and lighter on the sides. Then, use the line tool to draw a 0.25 line in the center of the leaf where you'd find a vein. I applied a soften filter to the line to make it a little less abrupt. Flatten the vein and the flower together. Apply a soft custom shadow to really bring in depth. Copy and paste the leaves, tucking beneath your flowers and rotating them to achieve the look you want.
- Insert the word art "Bride & Groom". Use the custom cutters to cut out the dots below the words.
- Add an 11"x1.5" rectangle and fill with Wedding Day Paper 4.
- Type your title. I used 84pt Amaze for the main words and 36pt Amaze for the "of".
- Add the wedding cake embellishment and put it on the lower right hand corner of your page.
- Add journaling. I used Amaze for that as well.