« Back to Digital - Holiday
Halloween Digital Shapes Scrapbook Layout
Designed By: Trisha Swan
How to Create:
- Make the background dark grey (cut and fill – color – dark grey – I chose the third from the right on the top of the color choices). Put a cord surface on it (format – surface – cord).
- Place Mat 3 paper from the Trick or treat digital PP Additions on the page. Change it to black and white. (Color – B&W) Color wash it with turquoise (Color – Color wash – turquoise – you may have to play with the saturation to get your desired color). Cut a circle out of the paper (cut & Fill – ellipse – make sure it is a perfect circle by clicking “make circle” – erase the rest of the paper). Use the ellipse cutter again to cut another smaller circle out of the first circle. The little circle should be a bit off to the side to create and uneven circle look. Using the Halloween Digital Shapes cut pumpkins out of the circle in different sizes as shown. Then cut out a few of the bats as shown. Shadow the circle.
- Place a portrait photo on the page. Change it to black and white (color - B&W). Place the Mud splatter frame from the Nature Digital Embellishments on top of the photo. Change the frame to black and white. Play with the brightness and light settings to get the desired darkness to the frame (color – Brightness and Light).
- Create a white circle. (Insert – Shape – Circle)and put a burlap surface on it. (Format – surface – burlap). Use the ellipse cutter (Cut & Fill – Ellipse)to cut a smaller circle out of the bigger white circle just as you did with the turquoise circle. Shadow it with the all around shadow. Flatten and shadow it again and again until you get the desired shadows.
- Place the elements Painted Bubble Wrap embellishment from the Digital Embellishments – Elements onto the page. Change it to white (Cut & Fill – color – white)and place it behind the photo and white circle in the bottom left side of the photo as shown. Shadow it.
- Add the Accordian Brown Embellishment from the Dress It Up Digital Embellishments to the page. Change it to black and white and use the Brightness and Light to make it darker (Color – Brightness and Light). Place it on the page as shown and shadow it.
- Add the Frame 1 from the Wishes and Dreams Digital Kit behind the top left side of the photo. You may need to enlarge or shrink it to get the right look. Shadow it with the all around shadow. Flatten it and repeat shadowing and flattening until you get the desired shadow.
- Place two of the Star 1 embellishments onto the page from the Wishes and Dreams Digital Kit as shown. One will be slightly larger than the other. Shadow them.
- Add the Chrome Star from the Digital Embellishments – Grunge Bling and color wash it with the turquoise. Shadow it. Place it on the page as shown.
- Take two of the star embellishments from the digital Embellishments – Doodles and place them on the page. Make one white (Cut and Fill – Color – White) and enlarge it. Make the other turquoise and shrink it down. Place them on the page as shown. Shadow themboth.
- Using the Halloween Digital Shapes (Content – Shapes – Halloween Digital Shapes) Create a black pumpkin on the page. Place a burlap surface on it. Place it on the page as shown and shadow it. Create another pumpkin in turquoise and put a burlap surface on it too. Shadow it and place it on top of the black pumpkin as shown. Create a Halloween Candy Shape in any color and place it on the page. Choose one of your photos and Fill the Shape with it (Right click on the photo – Fill Selected Shape). Change the color to black and White (Color – B&W) and place it on the page as shown. Shadow it.
- Create a spider web shape in black and place it in the corner of the Wishes and Dreams Frame as shown.
- Place the word “pumpkin” on the page using the Distressed Digital Alpha set. Ungroup the letters (Right Click – Group) and change them to black and white (Color – B&W). Place them haphazardly beside each other as shown. Flatten them all together. Use the Digital Halloween Shapes to cut mini pumpkins out of the letters (Cut & Fill – Shapes – Halloween Digital Shapes). Shadow the title as shown.
- Place a text box on the page. Flip it 90 degrees (Arrange – use the arrows on the right side of the bar). Using the An Unfortunate Event Font write the Journaling you want. If you need to use numbers you will have to use a different font just for the numbers because the other font doesn’t have numbers included. I used Microsoft Sans for the date on my journaling. Shadow it.