« Back to Digital - Holiday
Noel Digital Scrapbooking Layout
Designed By: Leslie Beahm
How to Create:
- Create a blank 12x12 page. Add Noel Paper 10 to your background.
- Insert Noel Paper 12. Resize it to 10.5"x10.5". Use the corner cutter to clip the corners.
- Insert Noel Paper 13. Resize it to 10"x10". Use the corner cutter to clip the corners but a slightly smaller radius than you used for the outside paper. Use the Arrange tool to center this paper to Noel Paper 12 both horizontally and vertically.
- Group Noel Paper 12 and Noel Paper 13 together. Move them so that they hang off the left hand side of the page but the pine tree decoration is completely on the page. Copy and paste those papers and place it so that they fall off the right hand side of the page and there is a gap between the two groups of papers. Align the tops of both sets of papers and then group them together, too. Now rotate them negative four degrees (grouping them will ensure that they remain aligned with each other while rotating them). Ungroup if you so desire. Put a shadow on the papers to your liking. Here, a light shadow was used.
- Insert a variety of embellishments from Noel Digital Kit onto your page, as you like. Use the wand to erase the white border around them.
- Insert Pinecone 1, Pinecone 2, Berries and Pine from Natural Digital Embellishments. Start to place the pine tree embellishments in the gap between the two sets of papers. Use the cutting tools (Cut and Fill-->Custom) to cut off individual branches of the pine tree embellishment to use as filler. Then do the same thing with the berries embellishment, cutting it with the cutting tools to have smaller bits of it to fill inbetween the papers. Resize the pine cones and place them between the two papers. Have some of these embellishments fall over the papers to the right and to the left. Put shadows on each of the embellishments, keeping the things you placed on the bottom with tighter shadows and things on the top with deeper shadows. Place your Noel embellishments in the cluster as well, rotating them or flipping them to create visual interest.
- Insert and Empty Frame. This one is approx. 5.5"x4.5", but you'll resize yours to suit your photo. Go to Photos-->Select and select a Double Mat. Fill each portion of the mat with a paper. Use paper 10 for the top mat and paper 12 for the bottom mat. Place it so that part of the photo hangs off the left hand side of the page and apply a light shadow. Rotate it -4 degrees. Insert another Berries from the Noel Embellishments. Place it at the bottom of the photo to anchor it. Apply a heavy shadow.
- Insert Christmas Bulb from the Noel Embellishments. Use the Wand to erase the white border and the bit of white from the ornament hanger. Rotate it -4 degrees and resize it to match the ornament that's hanging from the pine tree on the paper. Apply a 3D Edge to it (Format-->Filters-->3D Edge) using amount (85) softness (100) and width (150). Apply a heavy shadow.
- Add a journaling box and rotate it -4 degrees. Put your journaling down the right hand group of papers.
- Use the Noel Alpha Set to create your title.
- Finally, add the red curly ribbon from the Gymnastics Digital Additions and placed them between the tan and burgundy papers on the layers stack. Use the Touchup tool (Format Photos-->Touchup) or your cutting tools to erase the handles of the ribbon. Copy and paste the ribbon as required to get the look you want. I recolored the ribbons (Color-->Adjust Hue) a bit to coordinate with the burgundy paper. I also tucked some of the ribbon in the cluster between the two sets of papers. Add shadows.