« Back to Digital - Enchanted Power Palette
Enchanted Digital Two Page Scrapbooking Layout
Designed By: Leslie Beahm
How to Create:
- Open a new page or project that is 12"x24" in size.
- Put a tab marker in at the 12" mark so you are aware of where the gutter will be.
- Insert the black polka dot Enchanted Paper 12 and position it at 0", 0". Copy and paste that paper and position that at 12", 0".
- Insert the green Enchanted Paper 19 and size it to 11"x11". Position it to -2", 0.5". Copy and paste that and position it to 10.5", 0.5". Paste again, and position that paper so that the pattern lines up and so that the paper goes to the right side of the page. Trim the corners of the papers. Then flatten the right two green papers together and add light shadow.
- Insert six Empty Frames. Position one on the left hand side of your page. The left hand one is 4.5"x5" at a -5 degree angle. Resize the other five empty frames to 4"x3" and cluster them at various angles on the right hand side, keeping in mind when positioning that the gutter will be at 12". Add a Frame, Simple Frame 3, to each of the photo holders.
- Insert various ivory, white, and black flowers, resizing them as you like. Add shadows (I used a custom shadow with settings: Depth 2.8, Softness 2.6 and Expansion 0.3 as I personally like my flowers and leaves to look like they're a bit further off the page).
- Go to Embellishments and select Enchanted PM2. Rubber stamp that on the page. Select the color black. Choose the Threshold Color Stamp with settings Threshold: 39 Coverage: 1. Arrange so they are below your flower clusters and make an appealing shape. Use the custom cutters as desired to make cut off parts. Rotate and flip them so they look different from each other.
- Insert green and black gems to be the center of the flowers. Resize them to fit and add a light shadow.
- Insert white and red gems. Resize to be small and scatter around page.
- Insert Enchanted Ribbon-Teal. Recolor using the color picker from one of the flowers on the page. Copy and paste as needed to form a longer ribbon, lining up the pattern. Flatten and add a light shadow.
- Add narrow rectangle shapes to create the red and black ribbons. Fill one shape with red paper Enchanted Paper20 and the other with black Enchanted Paper22. Position the ribbons behind the main left photo and peeking out from the photo cluster on the right, adjusting angles and adding a light shadow.
- Add the Celebrate Life word art. Use the wand to select all the green letters and recolor to to match the red ribbon. Flatten the now-red letters with the Celebrate tag. Resize to 5.25" wide and add a light shadow.
- Add a tag shape to your project. Use the Touchup tool and with a large brush size, darken the edges to ink it. Color the tag to match the ivory flower. Add your date.
- Add journaling.
- To use in your 12x12 books or page prints, export the page to jpg (be sure that if you're using a single page file that you save your project as a storybook page first--I've learned this from experience!). Then open your 12x12 project and bring in the 12x24 jpg. Position so that the upper left hand corner of your jpg is at 0",0". Using your straight cutting tool, cut the page at the 12" mark, keeping both halves. Take the part that's off the page to the right and cut it and then paste it onto your next blank page of your 12x12 project.