« Back to Digital - Family and Friends
Digital Expressions of the Holidays Scrapbook Layout
Designed By: Trisha Swan
How to Create:
- Add paper 15 from the Winter Solstice Digital Kit to the background and change it to black and white (Color – B&W)
- Place the Distressed Digital Overlay 1 on the page and enlarge it a bit so that it isn’t quite as dark on the edges.
- Cut a rectangle out of Black and White paper 1 (Right click on the paper and choose Cut out shape – rectangle) place it on the page as shown.
- Cut another rectangle out of paper 15 from the Black and White PP and use the threshold filter to change the colors to dark grey and turquoise instead of black and white. (Format – Filter –threshold). Add it to the page as shown.
- Cut a skinnier rectangle out of paper 3 from the Black and White PP and use the threshold filter again to change the colors to dark grey and white instead of black and white.
- Add the Distressed Digital Overlay 1 to the page. Shrink it down and place it over the small rectangle that is black and white. Hold down the shift key to drag the sides and bottom in and make it a rectangle shape instead of the square it was originally. Make sure it covers all the sides of the paper rectangle as shown. Do the same thing for the other 2 rectangle pieces of paper you already created. Flatten each overlay with each piece of paper and shadow them with the all around shadow.
- Add the scallop ribbon embellishment from the Winter Solstice Kit and change it to black and white (color – B&W). Place it as shown. Shadow it with the all around shadow.
- Add the silver snowflake embellishment from Winter Solstice Kit and place it as shown.
- Add a landscape photo on top of the rectangles and put a white mat on the photo (format photo – mat – choose white and do 2 width. Place it as shown and change the photo to black and white (Color – B&W). Add a shadow to it. Place a text box on top of the photo in the top left corner and write your journaling using the Will & Grace font in white.
- Add the heart embellishment from the family life digital embellishments to the page. Use the Wand tool (cut and fill – wand) to select the red heart. Cut the red heart out of the embellishment. Change the color of the red heart to the turquoise color. Take the other part of the embellishment and change it to black and white. (Color – B&W). Flatten them back together and place the embellishment as shown. Shadow it using the all around shadow. Repeat this until you get your desired shadow.
- Add the Love embellishment from the Family Life Digital embellishments and change it to black and white. Add it as shown.
- Place the elements wires from Digital Embellishments – elements on the page. Change the color to white. (cut and fill – color – white) Add it to the top of the page as shown. You will have to cut off a part of the wires to make it the right length (cut & fill – rectangle – erase the shaded area). Do this step 3 more times to create the wired border. Flatten the border together to create one embellishment. Shadow them.
- Place 3 portrait photos on the page. Shrink them down and add a 2 width white mat on each photo (format photos – mat – white – width 2). Place them as shown on top of the wired border at the top left of the page. Flatten them together and shadow them with the all around shadow. Flatten them and shadow them repeatedly until you get the desired effect.
- Add the Joy embellishment from the Digital Expressions of the Holidays and change it to black. Add a block surface on it (Format – surface – block) and slide the amplification all the way to the right to create a glittered effect. Put a white glow on it (format – glow) and add it to the page as shown.
- Add the peace embellishment from the Digital Expressions of the Holidays to the page as shown. Shadow it with the all around shadow and flatten it and repeat until it stands out enough on the page.