« Back to Digital - Family and Friends
Learning About Butterfles - Best of Life Digital Additions for MAC
Designed By: Jen Lessinger
How to Create:
- Open a blank 12x12” document.
- Insert 4 teal photo mats.
- Insert 4 photos, and resize them to be the same height and width as the photo mats.
- Position the photo mats and the photos as shown, using the align tool.
- Insert a white rectangle that is slightly smaller than the photo mat. Use the corner cutter for the corners. Copy and paste the white shape 3 more times and center each shape on the teal photo mats.
- Insert a text box. Type the journaling for one box using Century Gothic as the font. Position it on the top right white shaped box. Copy and paste the text box 3 more times and place each text box on a teal mat. Type the journaling.
- Insert a bracket shape. Color it red and give it a 3 pt black outline. Copy and paste the bracket 3 more times, and rotate 2 of the brackets 180 degrees. Move each bracket to the edge of a photo, as shown.
- Insert a text box. Change the font to Giddyup Standard and type the title. Center the title between the brackets as shown.
- Insert 3 butterflies. Fill them with the brown patterned paper and give each butterfly a 3 pt red outline. Slightly rotate the butterflies and position as shown.
- If needed, adjust the text around the butterfly by using a hard return at the end of the text where a break is needed.
- NOTE: I center justified all of the text boxes except for the top left box, which is left justified. I also left a thin white border around the edge of the page (I didn’t place the photos/photo mats flush to the edge).