« Back to Digital - Family and Friends
Seaside Digital Edges Scrapbook Layout
Designed By: Trisha Swan
How to Create:
- Make the background color turquoise (Cut and Fill – Color – turquoise) and put a burlap surface on it.
- Add your landscape photo to the page and flatten it (arrange – flatten). Enlarge it to cover the full length of the paper. Change it o black and white (color – B&W). Using the Seaside Digital Edges (Cut & Fill – straight – shaped edge – Seaside Digital Edges) cut Edge 9 off of the side of the photo. (You can drag the edges of the shaped edge so that the shape you are cutting enlarges) Shadow the photo and place it at the top of the page.
- Cut a rectangle (right click on the paper and choose Cut out a shape)out of paper 13 from the Black and White Digital Power Palette. Using the Threshold Filter (Format – Filters – Threshold) change the colors of the paper to dark grey and white instead of black and white. Add the rectangle to the bottom of the page as shown.
- Create a long skinny rectangle (Insert – shape – rectangle) and make it black. Add it above the grey and white paper as shown.
- Create a large white rectangle the size of the grey and white paper. Using the Seaside Digital edges Cut Edge 10 out of the white paper. Erase the rest of the paper so that all you have left is the white sun and swirl embellishment. Place a burlap surface on it (format – surface – burlap). Shadow the sun embellishment. Flatten it and shadow it over and over until you get your desired effect. Place it at the bottom of the page as shown.
- Using the Fabulous Outdoors Digital Alpha Set (insert – fancy) write the word “summer”. Change the color to black and white (color – B&W) and color wash it with the turquoise (color – color wash – turquoise). Right click and ungroup the letters so that each letter becomes a separate embellishment. Arrange the letters of “summer” as shown. Enlarge them as necessary. Flatten them together (hold down the shift key and click on each one) and shadow them and flatten them repeatedly until they have the desired effect. Place a block surface on it (format – surface – block) and slide the amplification all the way to the right to create a glittery look.
- Add a text box to the page and using the el&font gothic! font in white write the word “sizzling”. Flatten it and enlarge it as needed. Shadow it and flatten it again and again until you get the desired effect. Place a block surface on it and slide the amplification all the way to the right to make it look glittered.
- Add another text box and using the Fantique Four font write your journaling. Place the text box at the top of the photo as shown. Shadow it.