« Back to Digital - Outdoor & Travel
Backpacking in Yosemite Digital Scrapbooking Layout
Designed By: Debbie Parks
How to Create:
- Place Traveler Paper 1 as background. Next place Distressed Digital Overlay 1 on
top with edges aligned.
- Select the Compass Rose, placing it in the upper left corner
as shown, sizing to about 3” in diameter.
Using the Format tool, change the Opacity to 45.
- Add the Stamp Explore, placing it over the Rose as
shown. Size the stamp to about 6” in
diameter, letting it hang off the page.
- Using a variety of sizes of photos and cropped photos, add a
photo mat to each, in either dark brown or white (mine are all width 2). I used 9 matted photos, placing them on the
page as shown along the edges of the page. Add shadows.
- Add the Postcard (sizing to about 4 ½” wide) as shown. Add journaling. (I used the Amienne font). Add Stamp New York NY. ( I erased the “New York NY” only because it
was from Yosemite. To do this, double click on the stamp and use erase tool.)
Position in the upper right corner of the postcard.
- To make the Yosemite “sign”, choose the Traveler Paper 12
and cut two rectangles from it using the Shapes tool. The first rectangle (base post) measures 1 ½” x 4”, and the second rectangle
(sign) measures 3” x 8 ½”. Place as
shown, adding the tracks embellishment to the post. Arrange and layer as shown. Add shadow.
- Using the Insert Fancy Text tool, choose the All Roads Lead
Home alpha set. Create a “Y”. Likewise create the rest of the word
“osemite”. I created them separately so
that I could enlarge the “Y”. Place as
shown, adding a shadow. (Note: Because I
needed a heavier shadow, I copied the word, colored it a dark brown, placed it
behind the word and offset it.)
- Using the Hurry Up font, add the titles “Backpacking” and “
in” and position as shown.
- The items behind “Yosemite” are actually 2 photos that I
took. One is of a trail sign, the other
is of the Half Dome cables. For each, I used the Cut & Fill tool, and then
used the wand to delete the portions of the photos I did not want. (I used the same technique for the trail
- Add the Road Sign Straight as shown. Add Shadow.