« Back to Digital - Page Layouts
Fonts as Shapes Digital Scrapbooking Technique Layout
Designed By:Sue Philips
How to Create:
- Using Just Fun Digital Kit, choose Paper 9 & right click to make background.
- Add photo to page & adjust size to your liking.
- On Insert ribbon, choose Text Shape. Select font Floralia and type the letters (lower case) cdedc. Click on Fill, select Fill shape with a paper, then select Just Fun kit and choose Paper 20, make the box on the cutting board as large as possible & click OK. For Line Colour I sampled from the rocks in the photo but you can choose a light grey from Standard Colours. Set Line width at 6 pt, leave compound style & joints at default settings. Click Create. Then go to Format, Filters, 3D edge. Settings: amount 80, softness 38, width 64. Click Apply.
- Repeat Text Shape, same settings will pop up by default. This time change Line width to 1 pt and click Create. Repeat Format Filters, 3D Edge with the same settings & Apply. Using the Arrange keys, place the second border on top of the first & give both of them a heavy shadow.
- Select the photo & use Format Photos to choose a triple mat: under Frames, Select Frame, then triple mat (third choice from the left, top row) & click Select Content. Then under Frames, select Customize. Work from left to right to select the frames. 1st mat: on Mat fill, select Fill mat with a solid colour & then sample light grey colour from the border, set Relief at -10 and width at 6. 2nd mat: on Mat fill, select Make transparent, set relief at 0, leave width the same. 3rd mat: on Mat fill, select Fill mat with a solid colour & then sample light grey colour from the first mat. Click OK to apply all frame effects at once. Apply heavy shadow to matted photo.
- Select the Serene Digital Overlays & add Overlay 10 to the page. Using the Arrange keys, move it to the back then flip it so the butterflies are on the right side. With the overlay selected, go to Cut & Fill, then Fill, select Colour & sample the teal colour from the border. Click OK.
- Select the Distressed Digital Overlays package & add Overlay 1 to the page. Using the Arrange keys, move it to the back. Select Format, Opacity and decrease the opacity to 85%.
- Using the Digital Expressions of Her package, select the one titled Dimlight4x3 and right click, choose Rubber Stamp. For stamp style choose Blended rubber stamp, select colour by sampling from the grey frame. Set coverage at 1 & use Standard pattern. Click Create and position it on your page then give it a heavy shadow.
- Insert text box, add journaling, change colour of text by sampling grey frame. Font: Hand of Sean.