« Back to Digital - Page Layouts
You + Me = Love Digital Scrapbook Layout Project Idea
Designed By: Melissa Marti
- Apply Paper 27 to the background of your layout.
- Insert an empty frame (11.5x11.5) and fill it with Paper 33. Rotate the paper and position as shown. Add a
- Insert an empty frame (11.25x11.25) and fill it with Paper 3. Rotate the paper and position as shown. Add a heavy shadow.
- Insert an empty frame (1.7x7.8) and fill it with Paper 13. Add a light shadow and position as shown.
- Add Ribbon_Cream from the P.S. I Love You Digital Kit. Resize and add a light shadow; position above the red rectangle, as shown.
- Add Ribbon_GreyScallop. Rotate it 180º and
add a heavy shadow. Resize it and position above the cream ribbon, as shown.
- Insert 3 empty frames for your photos. My middle photo is 2.3x3 inches and the smaller ones are 1.7x1.7 inches. Add your photos and recolor so they are black and white.
Add a light shadow and position as shown above the grey scallop ribbon.
- For the black frames, select Insert - Shape - From Art Kit and choose a square. Set the fill to "transparent" and set the line to black with a 1/4" thickness. Hold down shift to resize the square so it is about 2.5x2.5 inches.
Copy and paste three times so you have 4 frames.
- Position the frames as shown, dragging them below the photo layers. Add a light shadow to each.
- Insert the embellishments around the photos. I used BradDecoration (twice), Gem_White, and GlitterDot_Grey, from the PS I Love You Digital Kit and Flower_Red (twice),
Heart_Burgundy (twice), and Heart_Red (twice) from the PS I Love You Digital Embellishments.
- From the PS I Love You Digital Kit, insert the SquareMedallion. I chose to cut the white border from this embellishment. To do this, zoom in on the embellishment so you can see it well. Choose Cut & Fill -
Wand. Set the threshold in the middle and click once in the white on the border. The whole border should be selected. Choose to "Keep the Unselected Area" and the white border should be cut away. Copy and paste this embellishment so you have two. Position these medallions as shown, layering them beneath the heart layers.
- From the PS I Love You Digital Kit, insert the LaceFlower. For my layout, I chose to only keep the red part of this embellishment. To do this, use the Cut & Fill - Wand tool. Zoom in so you can see the lace flower well. Set your threshold low (5) and click on the red in the embellishment. All of the red should be selected. Choose to "keep selected
area". This should delete the white
from the embellishment, as shown. Copy and paste so you have two of these embellishments and position as shown in the layout, layering them behind the other embellishments.
- Next, insert the YouAndMe title from the PS I Love You Digital Kit. Resize and place as desired. I chose to recolor my heart a little darker. To do this, you need to cut the heart away from the rest of the title. Use the
Cut & Fill - Custom - Cut Out A Curved Path tool and cut around the heart. Choose to "Keep Both Sections".
Now you will have two layers - One that says "You + Me =" and one with a heart. Select the layer with the heart and use Cut & Fill - Color to color it with the red from the paper (use the sampling option). Now add a light shadow to both parts of the title.
- Insert the ILoveEverythingAboutYou tag from the PS I Love You Digital Embellishments and position as shown. Add a light shadow.
- Insert a text box below the red tag and insert your text. Right justify your text to achieve the same look as my layout. Make your text color white and bold your text to make it stand out against the background paper more.