« Back to Digital - Page Layouts
Snow Day Winter Additions Digital Scrapbook Layout Page Idea
Designed By: Trisha Swan
- Create a 12 x 12 blank page.
- Make the background the solid green color in the paper of the Winter Digital Additions. (cut and fill – color – color sample the green in the Winter P2.) Place a burlap surface on it (format – surfaces –burlap – slide the magnification to the right so that you don't end up with lines in the surface then slide the contrast to the right to get your desired finish).
- Cut a rectangle out of Winter P2 and place it on the bottom of the page as shown. Shadow it with the all around shadow. Flatten it and shadow it again so that it stands out more.
- Cut a rectangle out of Winter P4 and place it on the bottom of the page on top of P2 as shown. Use the paper rip function (cut & Fill – straight – paper rip – place the shaded part on what you want cut off and select your rip look). Shadow it, flatten it and shadow it again and again until you get the desired shadow.
- Place your photo on the right of the page. Flatten it and use the custom cutter (cut & fill - custom) to cut around the photo. You can leave a border. Use the soften edge (format – filters – edge - soften edge) to get the desired look. Place it as shown.
- Add the Winter PM2 embellishment to the page as shown. Place the Winter PM4 on top of it and shrink it down to leave a off white border as shown. (TIP – if you hold down the shift key and drag the corner of your embellishment it will keep the original aspect ratio and won't distort the shape) Shadow each piece. Add the Winter PM5 to the page. Shrink it down and flip it up so it is not horizontal any longer. (arrange – choose the arrow to flip it to the right or left). Shadow it. Flatten it and shadow it again until you get your desired shadow. Place the Snowman embellishment on top as shown. Shadow it. Flatten it and shadow it again. Place the Snow Day embellishment as shown. Add the Snowflakes embellishment as shown. Shadow them
- Cut another rectangle out of Winter P4. Cut 3 squares out of it as shown (cut & Fill – shape – choose the square – Make the shape a real square – place it on the P4 rectangle and cut it out – do this 2 more times on the same P4 rectangle) Place your photos on the page and make
them squares (right click on the photo – aspect ratio – square). Place them behind the cut out squares as shown. Place the Winter PM7 on the page and cut off the end of it to make it a square (Cut&Fill – shape – square – place it on the end of the PM7 to cut off enough to make it a square instead of a rectangle) Place it behind the middle square that was cut out of the P4
rectangle. Shadow the P4 rectangle frame, flatten it and shadow it again and again (I did mine 7 times) so that it stands out. Add the mug embellishment on top as shown. Shadow it. Flatten it all together and move it as shown.
- Add a text box as shown. Use the Designer font in off white to write your journaling. Shadow it, flatten it and shadow it again so that it stands out on the dark background.