« Back to Digital - Page Layouts
Countdown to Christmas Be Merry Digital Scrapbook Layout Project Idea
Designed By: Beth Thomander
- Begin with a blank 12 x 12 page. Add Be Merry Paper 14 to background.
- Add large photo to top half of page. Go to cut & fill ribbon and use straight
cutter with blended edge to fade picture into background.
- Add Be Merry Overlay 2 and rotate 90 degrees clockwise. Change colour of overlay to white and bling it up by going to the format ribbon and use the block surface and change the contrast to 10. Repeat this process until you are happy with the effect.
- Add String of bulbs embellishment and remove white edge. Do this by going to the Cut & fill ribbon and select Wand tool and click on all of the white areas to remove them. Don't forget to do in the centre of the bulbs.
- Add three photo boxes and I matted each one with a different paper. Add Candy Cane embellishment and shrink to fit in the corner of the photos. I copied and pasted 3 more on the photos.
- Add December Countdown tag and insert a text box at the bottom. If your photo overlaps you can text wrap your text box around the photo. Remember the text box has to be under the photo when you choose the text wrap option. Add ribbon to the tag by making a rectangle shape and do a straight cut. Slide one piece of ribbon to the bottom and the top to make it look like the ribbon goes through the tag. I added a burlap surface to the ribbon. Add a circle to the date by creating a circle shape from paper and then cut a circle in the shape you just made using the Shape cutter on the Cut & Fill ribbon.
- Add heavy shadow to all elements except for text. I used a light shadow.