« Back to Digital - Page Layouts
Christmas Joy Be Merry Digital Scrapbook Layout Page Idea
Designed By: Trisha Swan
- Match the color of the background to the
dark grey in the embellishments. (Cut and fill – Color – sample the
- Add the Merry Christmas Block embellishment to the page and enlarge it as shown. Change it to the same grey color as the
background (cut and fill – color – choose the dark grey) Then add a white glow
around the embellishment (Format – glow – custom glow and make it white).
- Take paper 7 and cut a square out of it(right click on the paper and choose cut out a shape. Then choose the square and place it on the paper to cut out just the blue without the extra word tag that is on the paper originally) Then once that is done stretch it the entire size of the page. (if you hold down the shift key while dragging the corner it will say the square shape – fun tip!). Now choose cut and fill and cut a square out of the middle of the blue paper to leave a border as shown. Shadow it. (format – shadow – choose the all around shadow) You can flatten it and shadow it over and over to create a more defined border. Place it as shown.
- Cut a rectangle out of paper 10 (right click on the paper and choose cut out a shape. Choose the square and then drag the side of the shaded section until you reach across the whole page) place the rectangle as shown. Shadow it with the all around shadow. Flatten it and shadow it over and over until you get the desired effect. Do the same thing with paper 8 and place it on top of paper 10 rectangle as shown. Shadow it.
- Place the Banner Falala embellishment on the top right corner of the page as shown. Shadow it.
- Place 2 portrait photos on the page. Select both of them (hold down the shift key and click on both and they will both highlight at the same time) and put a red mat on them (format photos – mat – solid color – sample the red in the Be Merry Kit) Place them as shown. Shadow each photo separately with the all around shadow. Flatten them each and shadow them again and again.
- Take the Christmas Joy embellishment and place it as shown. Add a white glow to it to make it stand out.
- Take the Stockings, wishes, tree, santa!, and magical embellishments and place them as shown (or choose others and change the size to work). You will have to adjust them to make a “tree” as shown. Add the Merry Christmas Block to the bottom as shown. Place the Flower_Red
embellishment on the top as shown. Flatten all the pieces together (click on all of them holding down the shift key until they are all chosen). Shadow them with the all around shadow. Place it as shown.
- Add a text box(insert – text) and using the Chocolate Box font write your
journalling in white. Place it as shown
and shadow it.