« Back to Digital - Rugged
Buddies - Shiny Chrome Digital Scrapbook Layout
Designed By: Trisha Swan
Designed By: Trisha Swan
How to Create:
- Make the background orange (cut and fill – color – orange). Put a Concrete surface on it (Format – surface – concrete).
- Add your landscape photo to the page as shown. Place Frame 9 from the Frames and Borders kit on top of the photo (you may have to cut small pieces of the frame off if it on top of the faces in your photo – Cut and Fill – Custom Cutter).
- Place the square Bracket embellishment from the Distressed Digital Embellishments on the left side of the photo. Shadow it.
- Place the Light Brush Stroke 5 from Brush Strokes Digital Kit on the page beneath the photo as shown. Change it to White. Shadow it.
- Add Paint Splatter 3 from the same kit behind the left side of the photo as shown. Change the color to black to make it stand out more.
- Add the Chrome Star embellishment from the Grunge Bling Digital Embellishments on top of the bracket and shadow it.
- Place the Straight Stitch from the Sewing Room Stitches on the page and change it to black. Place it at the top of the page as shown. Copy and paste it (Right click – copy – right click – paste)and place the second one at the bottom of the page as shown. Add the Zigzag stitch to the page and change it to white. Place it behind the straight stitch as shown and then copy and paste it and do the same to the top of the page.
- Place the Friends From the Start Embellishment From the Rugged Digital PP and change it to white. Shadow it and Flatten it and shadow it repeatedly until you can read the embellishment.
- Place an arrow shape on the page (Insert – shape – Geometric Shapes – choose arrow). It doesn’t matter what color it is for now because we are going to put a gradient on it. Click on the arrow and choose a gradient fill (Cut and Fill – Gradient fill). We are going to make this look like it is shiny chrome so choose two color gradient fill and make one color a dark grey color and the other color white. Then you will choose the gradient fill 3 from the left on the top line. This will make it look like it is metal. Then put a fuzzy surface on it (format – surface – fuzzy) and slide the amplification to the left to make it not so strong of a surface. This gives the arrow a metallic look. Lastly place a white star on the page (insert – shape – star). Soften the edge of the star quite a bit (format – filter – soften edge – choose a level of at least 159 because we want to star barely visible) and place it as shown. Shadow the arrow and flatten it together with the star.
- Add a text box to the page at the top of the photo as shown and use the Adharoni font in white to do your journaling or date your photo.
- Lastly we are going to create a shiny chrome title. Place the word “Buddies” on the page using the Reservoir Grunge font. Flatten it (Arrange – flatten) and use the rectangle cutter to cut it in half. (Cut and fill – rectangle – choose cut around shape). Take the bottom half and click on gradient fill. Choose the darkest grey (right beside black) for the first color and the lightest grey (right beside the white) as the second color. Then choose the first option for gradient fill.
- Click on the top of the buddies and do a gradient fill. Choose a lighter grey for the first color and white for the second color. Choose the first gradient fill again. Flatten the two halves together again. Place a fuzzy surface on it as before. Flatten it again. Copy and paste the title 4 times. Change all of the extra copies to solid black (cut and fill – black). Place the 4 copies behind the chrome “Buddies” in 4 different directions (have the first copy stick to the left a bit and the next one go down a bit and the third go to the right and the fourth go above) this will create a black border around the title. Create 2 more of the white stars that you did for the arrow and place them on the “B” and “e” in the title. Shadow the title. Place the Rugged Overlay 8 on the page. Shrink it down a lot and place it over the “d” in the title. Click on the Buddies title and use the custom cutter to cut out in the line of the broken glass overlay you just placed on top of the title. (Cut and Fill – custom cutter). Erase what you cut out. Now use the same custom cutter to cut the overlay in the places it sticks over the “d” it is placed on. This will make the “d” look like it is cracked and broken. Just something fun to try! Good luck!
- Add a text box below the title and use the Adharoni font in white to do your journaling. Shadow it when you are done!