« Back to Digital - Seasonal
Love Blooms Digital Layout Project Idea
Designed By: Melissa Marti
- Place Paper 13 from the Boo Crew Digital Kit as the background.
- Add a white box 11"x11" and center it on the page. Add a heavy shadow.
- Add a brown box 10.7"x10.7" and center it on the page. Add texture with the Format - Surfaces - Weave option.
- Add Paper 1 from the Boo Crew Digital Kit to your layout (the striped paper). Use the Cut & Fill - Shapes - Rectangle to cut a skinny rectangle from the paper. Mine are a little taller than 1/2 inch and vary in length. Repeat as many time as desired to create your striped strips, cutting your rectangle from different parts of the paper each time so the strips each look different. Resize and place your rectangles as desired. I have 13 total.
- Shadow your strips. I used the center Heavy Shadow. If you hold down Shift to select all of the
strips at once, you can shadow them all at once and save time.
- Insert a new empty frame and size it to be 3.9"x8". Fill it with Paper 7 from the Boo Crew Digital Kit. Add a heavy shadow.
- Add a new empty frame and size it to be 3.4x2.4". Copy and paste it two more times so you have three empty frames. Arrange them on your orange paper as shown. Insert your photos into the empty frames and add a thin white mat.
- Insert the Dots embellishment from the Boo Crew Digital Kit. Resize and place in the bottom right corner, as shown.
- For the brown journaling tag, use the Tab_Brown embellishment from the Boo Crew Digital Kit. Place it underneath the orange paper on the left side as shown.
- Copy and paste the Tab_Brown two more times. Use the Cut & Fill - Shapes - Rectangle to cut the rounded part off the right edge of one of the additional tabs. Place it under the orange paper layer on the right side so the 3 silver holes are not visible. Grab the middle box on the right side and drag the tab so it stretches longer to allow for journaling. Next, double click on the stretched out layer and use the Eraser (with a medium brush size) to lightly erase the right edge so it will blend more easily with the last Tab_Brown layer. Place the third (last) Tab_Brown layer under the stretched-out layer and move it so it lines up with the stretched out layer. Select all 3 Tab layers and flatten to seal them together. Add a heavy shadow.
- Add your journaling to the brown tag. I used the font Sunshine In My Soul.
- Insert the SilverString from the Office Supplies Digital Embellishments Kit and size to fit into the holes along the left side of the brown tag, as shown. Add a light shadow. I increased the brightness a little bit so it looked more white than silver.
- From the Cottage Garden Digital Kit, insert the Tag3 embellishment. Add a heavy shadow
and place under the brown tag. Rotate it as shown.
- Insert the LoveBlooms embellishment from the Cottage Garden Digital Kit and recolor white.
Use the Cut & Fill - Custom - Cut Out A Curved Path to cut around the flower so you can crop it out. Position the title in the bottom right corner, as shown.
- Insert the ButterflyFlourish embellishment from the Cottage Garden Digital Kit. Using the Cut & Fill - Custom - Cut Out A Curved Path option again, cut out the butterfly. Recolor, sampling the red from the ribbon. Add a light shadow.
- Copy and paste the butterfly a total of 13 times, resizing, rotating, and placing as shown.